I’m flying to Clearwater, FL tomorrow for the My Book Therapy Deep Thinkers retreat. I’m so excited because I’ll be spending more than 5 days with my writing mentors–award-winning authors Susan May Warren and Rachel Hauck, many of my Ponderer friends, and new friends I’ve met through the My Book Therapy chats.
Not only am I longing to sink my toes in the warm, sugary sand, but I’m looking forward to the intensive workshops under Susie’s and Rachel’s sublime teaching. They’ve been instrumental in helping me grow as a writer and getting published. I love them as friends, admire them as writers, and look forward to soaking in their wisdom.
My Book Therapy is one of the best sites for helping writers grow and discover their voices. Susie had the vision of helping writers several years ago. By being obedient to God’s calling, she is helping writers to strengthen their craft and work toward publication.
Here’s a sample of what My Book Therapy has to offer:
- Weekly two-hour chats with Susan May Warren on the craft of writing. This year, we are focusing on suspense. Chats are scribed and posted in the forum with homework opportunities for feedback.
- Instructional blog with craft articles and book reviews
- My Book Therapy Club Voices–a forum for writers to chat and hang out
- Voices e-zine, which comes out bi-monthly and helps writers with articles on craft, industry, community and more
- Prayer ministry–members of MBT have an opportunity to send prayer requests that are sent anonymously to our prayer coordinator to be prayed over by a private prayer team
- Frasier writing contest where the grand prize is a FREE My Book Therapy retreat
- Three retreats a year that build on each other to guide writers toward publication
- Annual pizza party at ACFW Conference
Membership is free, so check it out and join!
I may be a little biased because I’m the My Book Therapy forum coordinator and editor-in-chief of the Voices ezine. These opportunities came about after developing a friendship with Susie that has grown through the years. She has been an incredible blessing in my life. I believe My Book Therapy is largely responsible for my recent book sale. I’m looking forward to growing with My Book Therapy as God takes us to the next level.