Today is the last day I will spend as a forty-year-old. Yes, tomorrow I turn 41. I embraced turning forty and celebrated with family and friends. Turning 35 was so much harder for me. As I remembered the events of the past year, I became overwhelmed by the incredible blessings God has given us. Yes, there have been tough times, but God was with us every step of the way. None of our trials surprised Him. Our blessings outweighed the struggles, though. Here are forty blessings that have happened to my family and me this past year.
- God loves me for who I am and not what I am. His amazing grace washes over me daily.
- I have an amazing family.
- Friends…certainly can’t forget my friends!
- I am a member of a Bible-based, salvation-saves church with a pastoral team who preaches Truth.
- I wake up every morning with a roof over my head.
- My clothes are clean.
- I have yet to go hungry.
- I have a job. Sometimes it’s extremely stressful, but for the most part, I’m blessed and amazed by what I encounter daily.
- Graduating summa cum laude from college
- Cyber movie nights with my two online BFFs.
- Miracles and answered prayers when my FIL had emergency surgery for a brain tumor.
- Quality Christian fiction to read.
- Proud tears as our oldest son graduated high school.
- Sanibel Island vacations
- VBS–one of my favorite parts of summer
- Seeing friends separated by miles
- Crafting with the Coffee Girls
- Becoming Forum Coordinator for My Book Therapy
- Attending ACFW conference
- Finaling in the Genesis contest
- Having Tina James from Steeple Hill request my full manuscript
- Having Rachelle Gardner (agent) request my full manuscript
- Writing for PG Magazine
- Writing for ACFW’s Afictionado
- My Book Therapy retreats & meeting the Ponderers!!
- Hubby going back to school
- Celebrating my 20th wedding anniversary!
- Being a guest blogger on Seekerville
- Packing shoeboxes for Operation Christmas Child
- Holiday celebrations
- My boys’ musical talents
- Learning to knit & the WWC prayer shawl ministry
- Hubby’s successful recovery from an emergency appendectomy
- God’s provision for medical bills due to no insurance
- Becoming editor for My Book Therapy’s Voices ezine
- Renewing my STAR
- My older son’s poetry & my younger son’s way with words
- Finishing my novel
- Signing with Rachelle Gardner of WordServe Literary Agency
Happy early birthday, Lisa! I loved your forty blessings. Here's hoping you can add 41 more next year.
Happy birthday tomorrow, Lisa! That's a great list of blessings.
Thanks, Billy & Jill!
Congrats on signing with Rachelle! How awesome is that? I'm hitting the big 40 in a few months and I'd love to add that to my list! Happy almost B-day!! XOXO