I received several e-mail in the last week with Getting to Know You questions. In the spirit of the holiday…and needing a blog post, I decided to post the current Christmas edition here.
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
Mostly wrapping paper, but some gifts that we’ll be taking outside the home travel easier in gift bags
2. Real tree or Artificial?
Artificial—less clean up and dried pine needles don’t spear little toes
3. When do you put up the tree?
Usually the weekend after Thanksgiving or very beginning of December
4. When do you take the tree down?
New Year’s Day
5. Do you like eggnog?
No! Although my nephew keeps saying, “But, Aunt Lisa, it tastes like vanilla ice cream.”
6. Favorite gift received as a child?
Ballerina Barbie in third grade and a Barbie bubble bath tub
7. Hardest person to buy for?
8. Easiest person to buy for?
9. Do you have a nativity scene?
Yes, Christmas without the Nativity is senseless
10. Mail or email Christmas cards?
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
I can’t remember the worst gift I’ve received. I’ve received a few things that have caused me to raise my eyebrows and kind of smirk, but I try to appreciate everything I receive.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie?
Growing up, I loved ‘Twas the Night Before Christmas and The Little Drummer Boy. Now, it’s probably The Holiday
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
I shop throughout the year and try to be done by Thanksgiving.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
Ham, Christmas cookies, and our traditional holiday punch
16. Lights on the tree?
17. Favorite Christmas song?
Mary, Did You Know? Or Carol of the Bells
18. Travel at Christmas or stay at home?
Home, surrounded by family!
19. Can you name all of Santa’s Reindeer?
Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen, Rudolph, and Olive—You know, “Olive the other reindeer”
20. Angel on the tree top or a star?
Angel—tradition from my childhood
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning?
Christmas morning, but we have a tradition of opening one gift on Christmas Eve
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year?
Jesus is pushed aside for Santa. Santa wasn’t born in a manger. Public rudeness and impatience to sales associates.
23. What theme or color are you using?
Red and gold
24. What do you want for Christmas this year?
Health and happiness for family and friends. An iPod Touch from hubby wouldn’t be bad. ☺